January 09, 2016

Event Sketching

It'll take me a while to catch up with all the leftover sketches from 2015 that I haven't posted yet.

This are from two events in September. The first was a Ballet Memphis Spark talk about women in the arts. It was interesting, but I found it irritating when some of the panelist said things like, "I never really thought about being a woman in relation to my art." I guess because being a woman is a lot of what my art is about (see This Art Has Cooties). I know we don't all have to think alike, but I thought that some of them would have more insight about what it's like to be a woman in the arts. Still, good for sketching, and lots of great quotes from Dorothy Pugh, who is a real force and had great things to say.

Also in September I gave a Pecha Kucha talk at Amurica. It was so much fun!

Then on October 1st I started Inktober with a super quick desk sketch.

No comments:

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...