September 15, 2015

Tiny Watercolor and Art Exhibits

At the end of the first week back to work after our trips, I was a little run down and still coughing from having lost my voice in Singapore. I consumed A LOT of hot tea during that time.


After work I went to a couple of art openings. First at City & State – I was a little early for the opening, so I got to watch them add the finishing touches to Thomas Ascott’s exhibit while I drank a cortado and pretended to still be on vacation.


Kong Wee Pang and Jay Crum had an exhibit at Crosstown, and I wanted to sketch this installation of prints so badly, but I don’t like to sketch at art openings because it makes me feel like I’m going “HEY LOOK AT ME I’M AN ARTIST TOO” so I tried to commit it to memory and draw it once I got to my car. I am terrible at that.

1 comment:

Joan Tavolott said...

I like that you're sometimes still using one of the techniques from your workshops in Singapore. You seem to sketch everywhere!

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...