October 05, 2014

Sketching Workshop in Savannah, and a Late Supply Sunday

This past weekend I made a quick trip to Savannah, GA, to attend an Urban Sketchers workshop that I helped organize with Kip Bradley at the Telfair Museum. It was great! I got to visit with old friends and met so many sketchers from all over the southeast.


Jim Richards led us around two of Savannah's beautiful downtown squares and we sketched and sketched and sketched.






Canson generously sponsored the Urban Sketchers workshop and sketch walk. I love Canson! They gave each of us a sketchbook, as they have for many Urban Sketchers Symposiums over the years. One of the books that they gave us in particular was one of my favorite sketchbooks - I brought it with me to show during the Telfair Museum's family day, which Jim Richards and I took part in on Saturday by sharing our sketches with visitors.



We also sort of accidentally made sketches for over 50 people. I'm not sure how it happened, but it was fun! Here are a few of my favorites.





Then blam! Back home on Sunday.




(click images for more detail)

No comments:

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...