October 02, 2014

Newfoundland - Day 11, Heading Back South

Here's one more sketch from Twillingate, with examples of the two Newfoundland flags, which I mentioned in this post.

I used my rudimentary knowledge of the flags of Newfoundland the previous night at the Captain's Pub, when the man seated next to us asked if we knew what the green/white/pink flag was. "Why, yes I do," reply all great know-it-alls.

Toby and I then proceeded to talk to him and his wife for a while. If you know us, you know we aren't the type to make new friends with strangers. But that's what this place does to you - it puts you into contact with friendly people (Canadians in general, and Newfies in particular), and it just makes you feel good, and it makes you want to be friendly, and it makes you want to talk about Newfoundland and what you've seen and what you've eaten.

After this sketch, we got back in the car and made our way back to St. John's, through Gander, past the Road to the Beaches, through Terra Nova National Park, back through the beautiful landscape that takes you to the Avalon Peninsula, and back to the Hampton Inn where we started.


No comments:

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...