March 05, 2014

Memphis Monday, Delayed by Weather: Jury Duty

I keep saying "it doesn't get any more Memphis than this," but really, it doesn't get any more Memphis than THIS. I was supposed to start jury duty Monday, but it was put off for two days due to an ice storm that shut the city down. BLAM: Memphis!

Then they told me that I don't even have to go and my obligation is complete. Somehow that feels very Memphis too, but I can't explain why.

I made this sketch during... I don't know what it's called but it's when a whole bunch of people are called to the convention center to get jury duty orientation and to schedule the week that they'll serve jury duty. I guess it's called orientation. It's actually a pretty good system, and it allowed me to accidentally pick the week with the craziest of this crazy winter weather, which ended up getting me out of it altogether.

No comments:

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...