August 14, 2013

Barcelona Days 9 & 10

Believe it or not, there are still more sketches from my trip to Barcelona. These are from the day after the Symposium. I didn't do much that day - I was so tired and sore. I kind of had a Symposium hangover.

The first sketch is one of my favorites - it's simple, but captures the feeling of the place. The next few are from Plaza Catalunya, where I was trying to tell the story of the little kids chasing the pigeons.

That was definitely something I got out of this Symposium: a desire to tell stories with my sketches in a more purposeful way.

The last couple are more typical trip sketches - a combination of wanting to record the things that I see and just wanting to put pen to paper.

Thanks to everyone who made this Symposium such a great experience!

No comments:

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...