June 03, 2013

Memphis Monday: Crosstown Arts' MemFeast


This was fun! MemFeast is hosted by Crosstown Arts. It's basically a big dinner at which artists present ideas and everyone in attendance gets to vote on which project gets funded.


This one was for a public art project in the Vollintine Evergreen neighborhood, and since public art in Memphis is near and dear to my heart I decided to go.


I went with Shannon and Brian and a bunch of their friends joined us, and I ran into people that I never get to see, so it was really fun.


I sketched all through the presentations because I was already familiar with everyone's work :)


Jeannie Tomlinson Saltmarsh won for a project called "Are there fish in Lick Creek?" The project will be great - an entrance marker to the V&E Greenline.


No comments:

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...