May 11, 2013

Minneapolis Trip Part 2

After taking care of some business at the NAMTA conference, I wandered around downtown Minneapolis in the freezing rain. First, I went to Eddington's because my friend Andria Insisted that I do so, and that I get wild rice soup, breadsticks and a homemade Rice Krispie treat. I did as I was told, and it was good - especially the breadsticks. The girl working there was so sweet - she asked me a lot of questions and gave me the RK treat for free.

I drew this building out the window, but I don't know what it is.


Then I tried to navigate the habitrail that is the Minneapolis skyway, but ended up back out in the freezing rain to find the right bus stop to the Walker Art Center.

Found it! What a great museum.

Sketched this in the cafe while my phone charged, and I listened to a conversation at the next table about art in Minneapolis.

After that I walked in the freezing rain Again, braved the skyway again but felt trapped, and ate dinner by myself at a Mexican restaurant. I think I disturbed the date of the guys at the next table, as one of them paid more attention to what I was drawing than to his date.


Last day - headed home.

No comments:

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...