May 09, 2013

Minneapolis Trip Part 1

Last week I went to Minneapolis for a couple of days and I had the opportunity to hang out with some sketchers! First, Ken Avidor and Don Colley and I took the bus to the Bell Museum on the campus of the University of Minnesota.


At the museum we looked at gorgeous dioramas with murals by the great Francis Lee Jaques, who also did a lot of the diorama murals for the American Museum of Natural History in New York City. I will look at the more closely the next time I go there.

We were joined by two more sketchers, Amber Sausen and Daniel Green, and we just sketched and sketched nests and skeletons and coral and each other.





Then we went to dinner and tested a number of Don's pens. We loved the Pelikano Jr. - see the exclamation point!

No comments:

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...