December 28, 2012

Christmas Camping

This Christmas we did something a little different, but not too different considering last year we spent Christmas in a cabin. We went camping! Like, in a tent!

It was cold and glorious. I do love a winter landscape. We had the coziest tent and the biggest fire and the best site in Ft. Pillow State Park. And we had the whole place to ourselves!





I didn't make many sketches, as I was too preoccupied with just staring off into the distance. I highly recommend it.

Also, if I had made more sketches of the landscape, they all would have looked like the first sketch. I did enjoy sketching the campsite, though.


We had a weenie roast for Christmas Eve dinner, but we dressed up our hot dogs by putting pimento cheese on them! Because we are geniuses!

After sleeping through a cold and windy night, the temperature stayed low on Christmas morning. A storm was blowing in! We decided to take down our camp before it started raining, then we drove home and had a wonderfully lazy Christmas day at home.

I hope you had a great Christmas, too!




No comments:

Sketchwork Moved!

Please visit Sketchwork at  elizabethalley.com/sketchwork . After 12 years with Blogger, I am incorporating my blog into my website becaus...